Until a dedicated website is launched, please enquire here for editing and content writing or use the contact form at the end of this page.
Red Room Freelance Editing & Writing Solutions
ABN 54 406 486 563
- Over 12 years writing & editing experience
- Associate member of Institute of Professional Editors Ltd (IPEd)
When do you need an editor?
Many writers think they can edit, but the reality is editing is a very particular skill set. So, perhaps the best answer to the above question is when you feel your work needs an editor’s eye cast over it.
Most writers usually complete at least two drafts and edit as much as they can before contacting an editor. You may also want to have BETA readers look at your work before sending it to an editor.
However, sometimes you may hit a wall or be totally confused. That’s normal and most writers experience this. I urge you to contact me. I’ve helped many writers through times of uncertainty and confusion.
What I will do for you:
I assess your work then quote for the editing service that best suits the writing. I work with you to transform your draft into a polished piece.
I will act ethically at all times.
If you ask me for a copyedit or proofread and I find a number structural issues I will tell you. This has happened a few times. Writers have sent me what they believed was a competently edited work for me to copyedit or proofread.
I will identify the issues and make some suggestions and send you back to your desk.
But I will NOT take your money.
It saddens me when writers waste money on sub-standard editing.
An assessment of your work which includes suggestions to improve writing and a written report .
(Manuscript Assessments are not as detailed as a structural edit)
Contact for a quote.
- Structural or developmental
Content Writing & Social Media
- Web content writing
- SEO – maximise website visibility
- Social Media
- Web sites – WordPress proficient – build, write & edit content.
- Provide ongoing monitoring and updating of your online presence.
General Writing Services
- Exhibition proposals
- Press releases
- Formatting – Word & InDesign
- Creative & non-fiction
A comprehensive two-pass edit concentrating on structural changes including the following:
- Sentence structure including active and passive voice, telling/showing
- Grammar and spelling
- Plot development
- Genre or sub-genre beats
- Setting and world building
- Tension (rising and falling tension/action. Emotional tension)
- Character development
- Dialogue (Characters’ voices)
- Overuse of words or phrases
- Maintaining author’s unique voice
- Comments recorded as tracked changes
- Report included
- I encourage my writers to ask questions so if you have any please contact me.
- A single pass of your work requiring minimal changes in manuscript structure. This is sentence-level editing.
- Editing for: sentence style, grammar, spelling, context, with some critique.
- Report included.
Line Editing & Proofreading
- A single pass with no editing in final preparation for submission to print or to a publishing house. Picking up grammar, spelling, and formatting issues.
- No report.
Contact me for a partial or mini edit to suit your budget.
Short Stories, Articles & Essays
A minimum fee of $150 applies to short stories, essays, and articles. Two pass read & edit. Structural editing rates apply. Contact for a quote.
Anthology, structural editing rates apply unless only a copyedit is required.
Please contact for a quote.
For other written material and web content please contact for a quote.
I welcome international clients so if you’re used to being quoted per word or by the page (250 words), my service is considerably cheaper, saving you money. You may even benefit from differences in the currency exchange so there are even more reasons to use Red Room Editing & Writing Solutions.
The important stuff
All queries answered promptly. Editor and writer relationships are important. If you are a new client I may request a sample of your writing, to determine if I’m right for you.
All fees quoted are in Australian dollars.
No GST charge included at present. Fees and charges are subject to change from time to time.
Deposit to be made via direct debit as soon as you contract Red Room Freelance Editing & Writing Solutions. Full payment to be made before edited work is released.
Please note: quotes remain valid for 21 days.